Certified Sage-ing Leader Class of 2008 (graduates in bold)
Center: Jo Lessner, honored elder
Second row (l-r): Sr. Jeanne Rollins, Janet Helfand, Parker Trostel, Davida Gendel, Lorri Danzig and Edna Ross
Back row (l-r): Sr. Julie Boehnlein, Paul Severance, Carol Scott-Kassner and Gary Carlson, trainers
(Please click here for the SL training brochure [pdf file])
"I am enjoying my internship and feeling as passionate as when I started...I've learned so much through my reading and other forms of study and especially by facilitating groups..."
Sage-ing Leadership Training
The Sage-ing Guild offers two programs of leadership training for persons interested in being certified to work professionally with our Sage-ing materials. Certified Sage-ing Leader training is a one-year program for persons who wish to gain an in-depth knowledge of sage-ing that can be used not only in their personal lives but also to develop programs, including lectures, workshops of various lengths and study groups, to carry their sage-ing work into the elder community. Sage-ing Circle Facilitator training is a three-day program designed to help the student understand sage-ing principles and utilize a prescribed set of materials for teaching elders. Completion of either program qualifies one to become a Professional Sage-ing Leader member of the Guild. Details of each program are given below.
•Certified Sage-ing Leader Program
- Year-long intern training program
- Two weekend class sessions plus 10-month internship
- Work one-on-one with CSL Mentor during internship
- Prerequisite requirements:
- Attend an Intensive workshop. Workshop attendance is not required for persons who have previously completed Sage-ing Circle Facilitator training.
- Read From Aging to Sage-ing by Zalman Schachter-Shalomi and Ron Miller
- Read and complete specified exercises in The Sage-ing Workbook (given to each Intensive participant)
- Complete an application and interview
- CSL's must have previous experience and skill in group facilitation and contemplative practice
- Applications are currently being accepted for the 2008 class.
- Tuition is $1800, which includes the Sage-ing Curriculum Resource Guide and all materials.
- For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Intensive Workshops:
•Sage-ing Circle Facilitator Program
- Three-day (one long weekend) training program
- Training at Memorial Hospital, Leighton Center, South Bend Indiana
- Tuition is $500, including all materials
- About Sage-ing Circles:
The concept of a Sage-ing Circle has been modeled after Native American Elder Circles—a gathering place for adults of the tribe to listen, reflect and bring life experience to issues at hand. A Sage-ing Circle is a group of adults in the second half of life who meet regularly to address issues of spiritual and personal growth from a perspective of spiritual maturity and wisdom.
Sage-ing Circle Facilitator training is held once a year at the Leighton Center in South Bend, IN. The fee for the three-day training is $500. All materials are provided, including an extensive Sage-ing Circle Curriculum Guide. For more information, contact Rosemary Cox.
- Sage-ing Circle Facilitator training (qualifies as a Certified Sage-ing Leader prerequisite Intensive)
||Memorial Leighton Center, South Bend IN
||Instructor: Rosemary Cox, 574-647-6632
See brochure (pdf) for more information.
Back to the top